Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Saturday, February 10, 2007

You can't make them love you!

We had our first "viewing" of the house today. It's not actually on the market yet but one agent had a couple on his books who were "very keen". WERE being the operative word, they were very keen until they saw it. They didn't like it, don't know why but that was the vibe. The house looks the bollocks, you can't ask anyone to spend the sort of money we are looking for and not have the place looking it's best. It looks great but it is what it is and, as with so much in life, you can't make them like you. It is all down to the chemistry babe, it's either there or it's not, and there was no chemistry.

So, now what, how do we market the place....it would have been a miracle if it had sold on the first view I realised but some enthusiasm would have been a bonus. If only to calm the TB's nerves which are shot already by the whole process.

And Cinders sat by the fire tonight.....no ball for me. It's only 9.30 and I'm headed for my bed with yet another Lemsip. I am sure all of this paracetamol cannot be doing the lining of my stomach any good at all!! Hope everyone else is having a wonderful Valentiney time, without me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Ms Lippy the middle class Mail on Sunday property prices stuff is very fucking dull.

Andrea said...

And Jenny's muff is interesting to me how??????

Frobisher said...

its just like Jade and Shlippa!!

Andrea said...

OOh too cool, do I get to be Shilpa and be all upper class and glamorous, and make stupid fake fur ear muffs look appealing????

Tickersoid said...

Jenny's muff? that sounds intereting. I'm off to Mutley's place.
Mind you, he lied about the oral sex and cocaine last time.

Tickersoid said...

Buying and selling houses is so stressful. You have my sympathy.

Anonymous said...

Lippy said...

And Jenny's muff is interesting to me how??????


See - dull. Property prices.... zzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

frobisher said...

its just like Jade and Shlippa!!


Can I be the drunk one who ran off?

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013