Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Modern Marriage..

Actually being in the same county at the same time is one of the challenges of modern married life. I got back from London on Saturday lunchtime, TB left at 6 this morning and is in Cambridge until Thursday. We are far from alone in this I know, ships that pass in the night.

Although you can expect a warm welcome when you do get together, viz;

"What do you want first coffee or sex?"

"Well sex obviously, but put the kettle on first then it'll be boiled ready when we've finished."

Romance not dead yet then?

6 comments:

BEAST said...

It has its advantages as well , the old adage of absence makes the heart grow fonder , def works

Tickersoid said...

What about the old adage of out of sight out of mind?

I don't do sex that quickly. First you have to wait for the pills to take effect then there's the rummaging around in the 'special' box for the right eqipement. Talcing up to put on the rubber sheeps costume. Not to mention greasing up.

Tickersoid said...

There seems to be a 'ewe' missing from my equipement.

Andrea said...

I hope it's not sheep's grease tick - smells!!!!

Beast - also makes you more organised, absence or having the house to yourself or whatever!

BEAST said...

Tickers "I don't do sex that quickly" ....thats not what it says on the Pontyhotpants public convenience walls ,there you are referred to as 'two stroke tickers'

Tickersoid said...

I think you'll find, Beasty my boy, they are refering to my golf.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013