Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine's Day

Do you love it or loathe it dear reader?

I have for years been trying to get the TB to send my Valentine's Day flowers to work. This is so that our receptionist, who hates me, will think I've been up to no good. He won't do it and this year is the last chance - I'd send them myself but that's just sad.

Whoever came up with Valentine's Day was clearly a sadist - it's a minefield if you are in realtionship and an ego destroyer if you're not. And the card is never from the person that you hoped it would be from any way!

Chin up chicks - I love you if no one else does!

6 comments:

Tickersoid said...

I'll awake after the mail man's been and see what befalls me. Still dumping the last GF before today has saved me a bit of dosh.

Andrea said...

I'm sure loads of blokes think like that - if I pack her in before Valentine's it'll be cheaper!

BEAST said...

Cobblers to cards and flowers I would rather have something useful like a valentines donut.

I dont think its exactly a money thing with men Lippy , I think most think its a load of old knackers and cant really se why girls get all worked up over it....why do they ????

Frobisher said...

*squeals with delight*

I have got a anonymous valentines card on my desk at work!!!

Andrea said...

Beast - why do girls get worked up over valentine day? Because we like attention basically, attention will work most of the time! And you are not allowed donuts diet buddy, there is weight to be lost!!!

Frobes - too cool! I got an ecard off Ticks, telling me he would be my stalker if he could be bothered, but he can't!!! He get's discount for bulk on that kind of thing!!

*DB* said...

Valentine's Day is such commercialized crap. If you can't show someone you love them the other 364 1/4 days of the year, beh! Toni and I did a second year of buying each other "screw the boys, we'll buy ourselves flowers". We each got the other lovely tulips. My co-workers immediately thought I was hiding a love interest. I quickly corrected them on that - no time for stupid boys. Now! On to St. David's Day (LEEKS!) and St. Patty's Day (BEEEEEEER!)

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013