Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Friday, February 23, 2007

WTF!!???

The most surprising people can't read. I travelled a couple of hundred miles to a meeting this morning, with some potential clients, other lawyer potential clients who may want some consultancy.

Or not, because the first question was -

"Can you run our conveyancing team for us?"

Me " er no, because I don't do conveyancing, I'm a litigator, like it says in the profile I sent you."

Them "Oh well in that case we can't use you"

It was over in less than five minutes!

They just wasted four hours of my time and a £55 train fare because they couldn't read. I didn't scream or shout or anything!

On a happier note - I think I've just bought a house!
Yay!

6 comments:

Tickersoid said...

That sucks, but what can ya do?

Problem with your mail recently. Somethings changed. Everything bounces.

Andrea said...

Oh how very odd , I'll try to sort it when I get home.

Frobisher said...

send them a bill!

seriously

*DB* said...

I do hope they paid you for your time! House! Yeah! What it's like?

Andrea said...

Frobes I can't - nothing payable until the contracts in place and all that and we were there to talk about the contract....another on to chalk up to experience.

Queen - village location, house 5 years old, ok size garden, lovely kitchen will email photos when I've got them , hope she likes my offer!

Tickersoid said...

5 yo, teething problems sorted but young enough to be trouble free.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013