Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Evolution

If I look outside my office window there is a nice statute of Charlie Darwin in bronze outside his old school. He then went to my University (Edinburgh) to read medicene- got thrown out and ended up in Cambridge reading Divinity, so the scientific brain of the man was pretty much self taught.

Survival of the fitest - not "fit" in the personal fitness sense of the world, but those organisms most fitted to survive in the environment in which they find them selves living.

The organism most fitted for survival in a law firm is a robot with a filthy sense of humour who can bill ten hours a day without ever being bored, tired or distracted. Who never likes one client more than the others, never looks scruffy or appears in court as if they wished they were anywhere other than here! I fail on all counts - although I'm not sure this is admissible evidence in the evolution debate.

6 comments:

Frobisher said...

And the 12th Feb is Darwin Day! we must publise this more as the God Squad tries to erase science. I love your cluster map, I think I'll have to get one

Tickersoid said...

I'm not quite with it here, wasn't paying attention.

So you're being replaced by a robot whilst you persue a career in science?

Andrea said...

Ticks - it's me that is not quite with it, I'm rambling, they should replace me with a robot - in the meantime I'm trying to evolve into a robot and it's not working!

Frobes - thank you , I like it too, although it's a bit annoying because you can't zoom in and find out who is reading you!

Gorilla Bananas said...

Charles Darwin is the great father of ape brotherhood! And his theory was so obvious too! The creationists will burn in Hellfire for rejecting his message. We gorillas know that the human deity is actually a bare-breasted woman who looks like La Cicciolina.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that I do not have a "good" job like you, because money is obviously not making you happy.

Anonymous said...

y'all celebrate darwin day? goodness. i didn't know he was that important of a fellow over there. over here, you don't have to be that important to get your own holiday. just have enough money and power to fund it.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013