Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Friday, February 16, 2007

QUIZ

Both Mutley and Gorilla seem to have issues with my earnings. So lets see if their assumptions are right. A little quiz for you chaps;

HOW MUCH DOES LIPPY EARN?

I'm looking for an annual figure before tax.

The following are hints to help you;

1. I get NO "package" with my employment, it's salary only, no car, no pension, no healthcare no nada.

2. The partnership pays me as salary just under 30% of the fees which I earn for them.

3. My current charging rate is £158 per hour. And my fees are based solely on hourly rate X hours worked. there is no added value for difficult cases , no question of taking any share of the winnings (that is completely illegal this is not the US) etc


Prize - Until I can think of something better winner gets a signed photo of the real me!

13 comments:

BEAST said...

I reckon about 90 grand per year gross.
Can the signed pic be in wig , robes , power business suit , high heels , seamed stockings and half specs......Yowsah!!!!.
Counsellor you left your motor running!!!!!!
Thats the lippy of Beasts fevered imaginings.An under publicised side effect of giving up smoking (certainly in men) is there is now a party going on in my pants!!!

Andrea said...

You are way way too high! Hopefully next year when i'm on my own and getting 70% of the fees that will be more like it!

And if you can get closer to the mark then your photo can be styled as you like.

Frobisher said...

If you earn over £30k I'm deleting you from my links! (unless you chuck some my way)

Do you realise your daughter is drinking and hanging around with unsavoury boys while your at work??? Shame on you working mums!!!

Andrea said...

Well obviously I earn more than £30k frobisher - but I was planning to buy your V ticket?

I'm a third generation working Mum, my Mum had a chemist's shop and my Nana had a pub - so I know what happens.

Frobisher said...

Well . . . ok, I will call off the class war for the ticket (plus Sunday Roast!)

I am too ashamed to say how much I earn, pathetic amount really - I am part of the working poor.

Andrea said...

And free use of the shower ?

We will probably have moved by then so it'll be Colchester not Weston!

There is also something called Eastern Daze which sounds quite interesting.

BEAST said...

Oh all right then 55 grand.
And beware Frobisher pee's in the shower so I am told

Andrea said...

So very close!

£50k is the correct answer. Pic to follow when I've bought my new gown from Ede & Ravenscroft, the gown I currently share with the boys isn't fit to be seen in!

BEAST said...

Yippy.....I WON
******does Beast Victory Dance*****

Gorilla Bananas said...

Personally, I'd pay you more than that. You have a detached, snooty way of expressing yourself, which ought to command a higher salary. I think £72,500 is the right kind of figure, assuming that you work hard and are devoted to the partnership.

Tickersoid said...

at £158 an hour, I bet you don't get many pleasantries.

BEAST said...

Mr Bannanas....how dare you.....our Lippy is not snooty and detached.
But is def worth £72,500
What price a belly dancing legal eagle

Anonymous said...

Sorry for not responding earlier - but I had a legal problem and had to go out and do 275 hours of real work to pay for ten minutes advice - anyway back to the topic in hand. Depends on the number of backhanders you get I'd say! My guess based on my close friendship with Cherie Blair is 3 million a week!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013