Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, May 31, 2007

There's a greatness in my lateness!

I've been a bit backward about a lot of things in life ; didn't get married until I was 30, have a baby until I was 34 or even qualify as a lawyer until I was 32. What was I doing before that? Dossing about on farms and doing a bit of travelling I suppose....spent a lot of my 20's feeling pretty "stuck" and learning to shear sheep !.

Anyway - in my grand tradition of all things slightly retarded, I'm starting my own business for the first time now! And today requires my first big comitment I'm going to buy the books. Even for me a three thousand pound (yes you read that right £3000) spend on books is a bit alarming - but if I'm going to have even a hope for producing the right court forms in July it's got to be done - eep! Also going to print off the business manual and have a look at business telephone and internet packages - pretty sure what I'm going to do , just need to make certain and do the ordering! Please let me get some work after all of this!

5 comments:

Tickersoid said...

3k! Astonishing.

Andrea said...

And the really scary part - is I'm only buying 6 books!

Anonymous said...

okay, your book spending makes me book spending habits look pitiful. i bought about 12 books this week for around $100 (us).

Andrea said...

Oh don't spend if you dont' have to! _ Law books cost a fortune, unfortunatley the ones I need are around £500 EACH - what's that $1000! - horrible isn't it!

Anonymous said...

i guess i got lucky. when i went to university, the bookstore bought back books that were used the previous term. not for much, but it did help when buying books b/c they were used, but in really good condition.

i heart law. i wanted to be a lawyer. especially international law or environmental law. but then i realized that i only speak english, i'm a woman, i'm a short woman who looks younger than she is ((way younger)), and i get nervous when talking in front of people. even ones close to me. so i decided on office technology instead. i hate careers,

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013