Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Face Book

I am now "On Facebook" as it is the preferred method of communication for a couple of my cousins - why they can't just email like everyone else?

It doesn't work for me - I'm too old, no one I know is on there, their kids are - which is a bit potentially embarassing.

But it set me thinking, when I left University I buggered off to Western Australia and didn't see any of my mates from there or school for 5 years. And I'm not sure that I particularly cared.

Once you are on face book or myspace (and you are the right age) everyone you ever knew can find you - you are permanently linked in to your school, uni and work networks. Which may be great.....it may also be not so great because you never get the chance to reinvent yourself, you potentially can't change without audience participation. It's kind of strange. Particularly for someone like me who, whilst I'm fine with being sociable I'm less good and having sociable thrust upon me. Hmm ...also on face book all the chicks look like godesses - wonder if they do irl ?

If you aren't on "the Book" and want to see what I'm whittering about - let me know and I'll invite you.

5 comments:

BEAST said...

oooh go on invite me
go on
go on
go on

Andrea said...

Beast - just tried not sure if it worked, if it hasn't let me know and I will try again

Tickersoid said...

And me, me, me, me, me!

BEAST said...

I got the invite Lippy , I will have a go tonight

*DB* said...

Facebook, oh boy.

How are you doing? Surgery this week right? I hope everything goes well. Try not to stress too much, let things take their course.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013