Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Breakfast!

It is the most comforting breakfast in the world;
a thick slice of white toast, buttered and spread with Frank Coopers Oxford Marmalade. Coffee made with hot milk and one spoonful of sugar, a glass of smoothie for the health nazi inside all of us.

This morning I indulged, I ate it slowly, relished it and now have fond memories of it.

And at 522 calories for a small plate I know why I don't have it all that often!

6 comments:

Frobisher said...

522 calories? that seems a hell of a lot - still remember the adage of "eat like a King for breakfast, eat like a Prince for luncheon, and eat like a pauper for dinner"

You been watching the Chelsea Flower Show?

Andrea said...

I have - weren't the Clematis fabulous last night?

I keen meaning to go down to David Austin roses as well, he is only just up the road - even if I buy two and pot them up so we can take them with us.

BEAST said...

a moment on the lips, forever on the hips......
My favourite breakfast is Ma Beasties special sunday fry up.
I bought a big bottle of smoothie from Tesco's the other day billed as a detox in a glass.....sadly it tasted like an old sock.Lippy have you been watching the jeremy Kyle show in the mornings.....its chavtastic :-)

Andrea said...

The Innocent pomegranate and blueberrie and acai smoothie? the detox one? I like that...one of us has got odd taste buds!

Tickersoid said...

I used to love the Sunday breakfast at boarding school. Coffee, bread butter and marmalade, frosties, eggs bacon and plumb tomatoes.

You must watch jeremy kyle. Chavy tough love. How can one resist such titles as, "I don' see nuffink wrong wiv kicking shit out of the muver of my son in front of 'im."

Anonymous said...

breakfast - the one meal i don't eat b/c i don't get hungry til' lunch.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013