Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Side issues

I'm taking today off work. The point I haven't mentioned in relation to my upcoming hospital visit is that fact that at the moment I'm in pain all of the time, it varies from a dull ache like a bruise to feeling as if someone is giving my uterus a chinese burn. The latter causing me to sweat, feel faint and want to be sick (lovely!)

Yesterday however I needed to be in London for two meetings - which however useless I was in them, I was still going to be better than the next best alternative.

Both went OK. But I feel like complete shit now and I'm not going anywhere today and probably not for the rest of the weekend.

And to add to the joy - saw my sister's mate who is a doc who said " 3 weeks off work isn't very long for this, lots of people take 6" - I nearly started crying again.

I do realise that I am being a complete drama queen about this in this blog, in real life I'm not so someone has to suffer and I'm afraid lovely person reading this - IT'S YOU!!!

2 comments:

Tickersoid said...

Take 4. You won't feel such a wuss but you'll have a half arsed chance of recovering.

On the other hand don't listen to me. I've just got back from the pub.

The Aunt said...

Take at least 4, and then consider going in part-time.

You'll be able to review a lot of stuff from home online, you'll start wanting some work after the second week. Just don't go in. You'll be picking up heavy files and it'll all go to pot.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013