Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Big Wimp

Some people are genius when faced with problems, witty, urbane totally unself centred they write brilliant sparkling blog entries without a trace of self pity.

Unfortunately I'm not one of them. Let's be very clear here, when it comes to needles, hospitals and anything that comes in a white coat I'm pretty much scared shitless. I'm not sure whether this is because I come from a family full of medics, or in spite of that fact. Give me a grumpy old judge and a stinky, sweaty court room any day of the week.

I don't actually get admitted until 16 May and I'm already disappearing up my own arse in the proverbial puff of smoke. I keep looking at my belly and thinking how can there be something the size of a v large grapefruit in there and me know nothing about it! That would be over 4 months pregnant size of foetus and I certainly knew about that. But no, the usual standard size 14 jeans still fit....wonder if I'll go down to a size 12 after???

5 comments:

Frobisher said...

I wonder how big the scar will be? mind you they are pretty clever these days. Everthing will be fine, try not to dwell on it.

*DB* said...

FROBES, asking about scar sizes! *flicks you on the forehead*

I guess you could go about eating grapefruits as metaphorical schadenfreude leading up to your surgery. It would be one way of visualizing the vanquishing of the tumor.

Andrea said...

Actually D that may well be a plan - will go buy grapefruit tomorrow lunch hour. Which will be cheaper than this lunch hour when I went to fat face and bought everything because their clothes are loose!! - well ok losenable, and trendy in a surfy I'm much too old for it kind of a way!

Tickersoid said...

Survival of the fittest in Hospitals in my experience. If you feel yourself 'circling the drain' make a big fuss. Oh and tell them what you do. That'll sharpen their minds. They'll either have to fix you or kill you.

I'm not helping am I?

Andrea said...

No Tick - you're not helping....send jokes!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013