Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Friday, May 18, 2007

Honeys I'm Home!

Well back in the land of the living and there is good news and bad news:

Good news; the cyst is gone and I only had laproscopic surgery so no big cut.

Bad news ; the lining of my uterus has gone walkabout around my pelvis and I have endometriosis everywhere, to quote my surgeon "plastered with it" - this will randomly bleed into my abdomen until we do something about it. So I get hormone injections from monday - two lots, one lot to induce the menopause and the second lot to deal with the symptoms. This should shrink my ovaries and uterus and stop the endometrium bleeding. It also lets the doctors check whether the endometriosis has already caused damage to my kindeys or bowel (how lovely) - then in 8 to 10 months time I have to go back in for full hysterectomy.

Blimey if I've been this much of a drama queen so far how bad will I get now!

Slept v badly last night - woke at 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep - so off to spend the afternoon watching back to back episodes of Hotel Babylon.

The injection thing means I still have to take my full convalesence this time so they can see how everything settles down.

And you were hoping to hear from me before you read this - but now it's made you feel a bit ill!

6 comments:

BEAST said...

Blimey......
Those pesky uteri , you cant leave em alone for two minutes.
Seriously sorry to hear that Lippy , but I guess its better to know about it now and get it sorted....poor you :-(

Tickersoid said...

Currently, there is no cure for endometriosis, though in some patients menopause (natural or surgical) will abate the process. Nevertheless, a hysterectomy and/or removal of the ovaries will not guarantee that the endometriosis areas and/or the symptoms of endometriosis will not come back. Conservative treatments usually try to address pain or infertility issues. Medical herbal treatments can sometimes be effective in controlling the disease.

Poor you indeed.

Andrea said...

Beast. Ticks - thanks guys, I'll be OK, I think. The questions to the forefront of my brain , aren't very illuminating and go along the lines of "will people be able to tell by looking that the plumbings gone?" Will sex feel any different?"

*DB* said...

Sorry to hear about the 'extras'. BUT, this surgery went well - small incision as you mentioned. Hopefully this will give you greater confidence going into the next one.

Frobisher said...

Jesus Lippy, will read tmrw properly, but if its any consolation my Ma had a historectomy (sic) and it never put her off sex

*shudders*

thinking of you - frobi x

Andrea said...

On the bright side I got 15mg of morphine without having to do anything nefarious at all!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013