Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Chillin'

I spent this weekend at a yoga retreat, getting my head together ! It was very cool, communal catering of the "bring a dish" variety is always generous and fantastic quality - lovely salads and dahls, and our one and only boy (why don't boys do yoga?) had made tikka wraps for everyone , declisious !

The whole age range was there from teenagers to grandmothers. The grandmothers being far more bendy than the teenagers on the whole. So I spent part of Sunday morning walking backwards with my eyes closed in a room full of strangers..proving that when you do that you bump into fewer people than going forward with your eyes open but looking at the ground.

Now - my knees hurt from lots of warrior flow, and I'm a bit sad thinking it will be a while before I can do a lot of that stuff again. But determined that I will do it again.

6 comments:

BEAST said...

Lippy.... I went to one class , that was enough for me , it was SO girly and dont get me started on whale song cd's (which they played for relaxation)

Andrea said...

No whale song -promise! And our boy is a mountain biking footballer, and reckons his legs wobble after yoga more than after running! TB ungenerously says that's the effect of women bending down infront of him and not the yoga exercises!

Akelamalu said...

If only I could sit crosslegged! :(

Cream said...

I used to be able to sit cross-legged when I was a kid. Then I came to the UK and started sitting on chairs.
I can still sit cross-legged but getting up is a lot harder.

I'd love to go to one of these retreats.

Anonymous said...

now where is this retreat and what's the footballer's address and is he cute and single? haha, no, i'm glad that you are able to do yoga and relax. reading a good book relaxes me. that and listening to good music while going to sleep.

Tickersoid said...

I find Stella Artoise relaxes me. Talking of which, if 'Warrior Flow' is a real ale, like 'Old Lesbian #6', the pain in your knee, will almost cerainly be gout.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013