Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Worrying

Worrying is not only inevitable, I do it,you do it, everyone does it to a ridiculous extent. It's stupid, for lots of reasons. The most compelling is that it's not the thing you've been up all night worrying about that comes out and kicks your arse, it's something compleltely different which you didn't notice at all because you were too busy worrying!

Do you see?

Anyway that explains why I'm in the office on a wet cold Sunday morning - having been hit at 2am this morning by a cold sweat panic that I'd missed a deadline. On checking the file the deadline is over a week away - but I'm here now so I may as well do the work.

I must tidy this office as well before I leave today, it's not a mess of piles of papers. I'm far too anal for that! It's just a bit dismally uninspiring - with those bits of paper and old files, out of date business cards, DEAD people's business cards (Jesus!) that don't actually mean anything anymore, they just take up space.

I'm taking my pictures down this week too - we're selling the house and need something funky for the hall way so my Chigall poster is headed for the upstairs landing. It will be missed on a cold, wet, Monday morning.

2 comments:

BEAST said...

Awwww thats no fun , you should have called the bitch secretary and made her go in (or is she nice secretary now ?)

Andrea said...

She is still bitch secretary - she went home "ill " on Friday because the other secretarys had asked her to help them out! - can you believe it!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013