Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Girlfriends

A day in the life:

"Hi Baby, I need to run something by you, I want to change my company name."

"OK, what are you thinking, but babe, I'm just on my way to the station to get the train down to the smoke so reception my not be so good."

"I'm thinking The Style Doctor explains what I do, how I look at your premises. I'm sick of Fingerpaints Ltd everyone thinks I'm a bloody nursery not an interior designer."

" I like it but I can see the confusion. Go with Style Doctor, Style Doctor it is."

"OK then Style Doctor, are you back Friday to look at your website proofs?"

"No sorry - got 4 houses to look at in Suffolk on Sat morning - back Sunday, in court Monday. Oh and I've got your ball tickets."

*phone cuts out*

This people is a short extract from the life of me - and put like that sounds a lot more interesting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to change the name of my company to Mutleythedogsdayout from Tesco Ltd. Can you help? Also its really pretensious that all your friends go on about buying houses all the time - I hardly ever mention my property empire.

Andrea said...

The trouble with being in the middle of buying a house/looking for property is that it is all I can talk/think about however bloody boring it is for anyone and everyone else.

Tickersoid said...

Everyones life is interesting if you edit out the crap and retouch the good bits.

Andrea said...

And that's the whole point of a blog!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013