Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Back to the Slaughterhouse!

Well to be honest I've been back in the office for two days already, I just didn't have the heart to talk about it. The life of a corporate mushroom is not the stuff of which fascinating blogs are made. It's cold, it's dark and everyone is on a diet so there is no point in doing anything other than joining in - particularly as the alternative is sitting in the pub at lunchtime all by myself!

Hopefully this time next year I will be in my own little office, with a computer that works properly, some nice music playing and carefully selected clients - viz, no more boundary disputes ever again !! Scarily I'm still waiting to hear from a few contacts who, whilst not strictly necessary, would make my self-employed life a lot easier, I'm hoping that they are just slow rather than completely uninterested.

I would love to say that it's been a slow week as people are just drifting back to work and getting themselves together but so far (and it's only been two days) I've petitioned for the liquidation of two companies, issued a fraud claim and defended a particularly spruious claim for rent (which is an unlawful eviction in party clothes pretending to be something else)...

I need a new belly dancing teacher- bored with this one. Hmmmm

5 comments:

BEAST said...

~Thats why I come here , tantalising references to belly dancing and other exotic delights

Andrea said...

I wouldn't be too tantalised, evesdrop on the following conversation.

My mate H and her mate Roger watching a Shakira video.

Roger " Belly dancing , that's what you and Lippy do ?"

H "yeah"

Roger - eyeing Shakira's pulsating hips "so not sexual at all then?"

H "not the way we do it..no"

BEAST said...

Lol , Lippy's hips dont lie

Anonymous said...

Get yourself sacked like me - and become a self employed tourism supremo- I have been promised 0.25% of all profits - so soon I will be rich - maybe you will talk to me then?

Andrea said...

I do talk to you - I just get intimidated by the pictures of naked 22 year old Russian's on your blog!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013