Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Funeral Blues

It was my friend S's funeral on Friday. I say friend and maybe that's presumptious of me, she was a client who I hoped would turn into a good friend when the case was over. As it was, there was never the chance.

She was diagnosed with oesophogeal cancer which turned into bone cancer before the case was finished. In the end we didn't get a bad result - but it doesn't matter.

She was lovely, clever, scarily tall and slim (was a model when she was younger) and the best company. A couple of ex husbands and more than a couple of ex lovers were at her funeral, all in tears. The church was packed to the gunnels and the whole of the hotel was taken over for the day for the wake - she would have approved! The weather has been horrible all weekend - cold and wet and dark. Lots of people said that a light had gone out when she went. They were right.

I'm glad that the suffering is over for her but all the same,I miss her.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to post a wildly clever and slightly off-colo(u)r comment, but alas, death becomes her. Condolences.

Frobisher said...

I always quote that corny line from Bladerunner:-
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long"
but it is true in so many cases. Raise a toast to her Lippy and have a smile. Good memories are food for the soul.

Andrea said...

I look forward to a wildly clever and off colour comment about some other post champ....don't dissapoint me.

Thanks Frobes - I will.

*DB* said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. So what if she was "only" a client? Obviously she meant something to you in a personal capacity as well because you cared! *hugs*

Tickersoid said...

Condolences.
It seems the bright lights touch so many lives.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013