Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Becoming completely random

It's January, everyone is on a diet and so I thought that I might as well join in. It's been a regime of fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and soup for lunch, no booze, no chocolate and something lightish for supper. I'm having green tea instead of coffee every alternate cup - which as I have an 8-10 cup a day coffee habit (white one sugar) is a start at least.

And so far - lost 6lbs! OK I hear you say, that's the weight you PUT ON over Christmas how about ditching the other 2 stone you are always bitching on about. Alrighty! - and yes this is going to be the hard part, but having seen some result, I'm going to stick with this for 3 months and see what happens. The worst result is nil change and that's better than putting more weight on.

So off to do my yoga CD! And yes I do walk up the stairs to the office, and I went to tap class last night and (just for you Beast) belly dancing starts again on Friday.

Legal question of the day - why was the client who sold his transit van on EBAY surprised when it turned up in Prauge stuffed full of hash?? Moral if you sell a vehicle on Ebay (well first of all don't) send the log book to the DVLA immediatley. Saves a lot of heart ache and long conversations with the Czech police!


In other news our new secretary left because she thought we were horrible and unfriendly - yes the one who was slagging me off to the entire office. She also claimed that our nasty treatment of her clearly stemmed from the fact that the head of team (not me!) had told us all that she was a menopausal lesbian. Poor head of team can't win - not only has he had to explain at length that he didn't tell us, but we're all livid that he didn't!

11 comments:

BEAST said...

He He He belly dancing , shame it wasn't a tap dancing , menopausal lesbian ,as that sounds like a good saturday night out.....still good luck with the diet , sprinkle some cinnamon (about a quarter of a teaspoon) on your fruit and yoggy as it does wonders for your blood stats and helps with the blood sugar.
The Beast too is curtailing the old maruading for a month or two , as due to lots of weight training I have rather large pecs which can resemble MANBOOBS very quickly if excess flab is not kept under control

Andrea said...

Tap dancing was LAST night beast - and very sweaty hard work it was too!

Hope the Manboobs turn into pecs soon AND WHAT ARE WE DOING ABOUT PILTON? Can get no sense out of frobisher on subject!

Andrea said...

A TAP dancing - oh ha ha

God it's too early in the morning for this..but thanks for the cinnamon tip, I do like cinnamon.

Frobisher said...

For Gods sake Lippy we aren't doing Glastonbury this year but a smaller festival in Dorset!!!

Have you tried my amphetamine diet?

Frobisher said...

Or what about The Big Chill or that one in France?

BEAST said...

Now I have been embarrasingly misunderstood.....I already have the pecs , but a slight overlay of (puppy) fat (who am i kidding) , may lead to the 'appearance' of MANBOOBS in an unkind light.....I remain beneath this slight 'quilting' a mass of solid muscle

Andrea said...

Big Chill gets my vote Frobes!

Amphetamine - interesting point at the moment I feel exactly as if I'm taking speed anyway, I'm not so it's odd

Tickersoid said...

My cross trainer work seems to be exactly cancelling out the booze at the moment. I predict that if Lippy continues with the current regime she'll become irresistably hot.

Andrea said...

Motivation indeed Ticks - I'll still have short legs though, unless they have a rack at your gym?

How about only drinking one day a week?

Frobisher said...

I have piled on the weight over the festive period. But drinking only one day a week? How would we sleep?

Andrea said...

Sex frobes - obviously!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013