Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Buggering Bastards!

I'm a poncy middle class curser. You know my type, lots of words and not much venom, the "shit, bugger, bollocks, fuck, wank, tit!" school of swearing.

I quite like the immediacy of "Fuck!" but if you are not very circumspect it stops being profanity and turns into punctuation.

The kids I used to teach in WA said "Fuckin Oath!" which was not only strong but brought it's own definition along for company. Which I thought was cool. Their other line, for anyone who had been misled or fooled was "Sucked In..and Off!" which I thought was pretty awesome but never dared use in anger myself.

The TB has been heard to refer to an inanimate farmyard object as "fuck struck cunt!" which always sounds pretty scary.

My mother, on the rare occasion that she utters a profanity oscilates between the predictable "Bloody Hell Fire!" and the far more colourful "Hells Bells and Buckets of Blood!".

This could easily turn into a PhD thesis don't you think?

Didn't get a job I've been hankering after for years - may have blown it on an all time basis. Pretty pissed off actually.

5 comments:

Frobisher said...

I thought you were going self employed?

Andrea said...

I am going self employed - when I say "job" it was more of an official appointment which would have been a nice part time "Banker" of a contract

Anonymous said...

I shall retain you as my legal consultant for my on-line business. No money but looks good on paper - much like Blogspot!

Andrea said...

Thank you mutley that's very kind - but they don't have dog licences any more you know!

Anonymous said...

How Rude!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013