Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Knights in the Early Morning

A guy I used to work for about ten years ago is now a public figure. It's not surprising that he has been so succesful, he's funny, clever, charming, totally driven and incredibly (for someone at his level) not posh. He was an autocratic boss who completely split the firm into those who really liked him and those who really hated him - but I was on the like side and he helped me out a lot at the start of my career.

Even so, he was not someone who I had any sort of a crush on. So having a dream that I was in bed with him, was enough of a shock to wake me up and have me shake the TB awake too;

Lippy "I'm going mental I've just been dreaming that I was in bed with Sir F"

TB "Calm down shut up and listen."

Lippy "don't tell me to calm down and shut up, something really awful has happened to my brain."

TB "no really, shut up and listen"

So I did, and listening heard Radio 4 and there was Sir F being interviewed by the Today programme which had burst into life as our radio alarm about 10 minutes before.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013