Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Monday, January 29, 2007

Flu

I feel so ill, my chest hurts, my throat hurts, I'm cold and i can't get warm. It's only ten to seven in the morning and I've already had one of those Vicks Vapo baths and a hot toddy.

I really need to go back to bed - but I've got three meetings today and I can't miss them or something will go horribly wrong.


Somehow (zinc lozenges, vitamin C, beecham's powders, strepsils) I have got to stay on my feet until Friday - then I can collapse for two days at the weekend.

In the movies when a class action kicks off the lawyer is slightly bored, in rude good health and completely up for it.

Guess what? Class action kicked off yesterday - I have flu, a full diary and I don't need this!!!

10 comments:

BEAST said...

Awwww Lippy , It could be worse , you could be a man and be suffering from 'MAN FLU' which as we all know is the worst of all ailments.

***** runs for cover*****

Andrea said...

This might be Man Flu - pretty sure I caught it off a man!

BEAST said...

If it was MAN FLU you would virtually need hospitilisation , women never understand.........

Frobisher said...

I agree with beast - imagine childbirth x2!!!

*hides Beasts manbag*

get well soon

Tickersoid said...

Real men like me don't get flu'.

I bet the Slovakians started this infection.

Anonymous said...

Would you like me to come round and rub vick on your chest? What? Only asking! I bet you are just like John Grisham - only female and older.

Andrea said...

Beast/frobes - yes I understand the TB is also infected and I can see that his suffering is of a whole other magnitude to my own.

Ticks - hope this isn't the start of some anti east european backlash?

Mutley - your welcome to rub, people tend to do it in relays given the magnitude of my chest, just hope you've got enough Vick.

BEAST said...

***** imagines Lippy's vick slathered chest******

Ahem....I hope you are feeling better

Tickersoid said...

What a wonderful word 'slathered' is.

Combine it with a desirable body part and bingo. Instant happiness.

*DB* said...

Ugh. There's a lot of sick going around at the workplace by me as well. I hope you are feeling better!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013