Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hitting the Wall or is it only A Bump in the Road

After losing weight really fast for a couple of weeks the rate of loss this week has slowed to a measily half pound in 5 days - and that's with no change, no cheating and plenty of exercise.

I'm hoping that this is just a stubborn metabolism shift that can't resist my efforts for too long. In other words rather than just losing fairly recent gains I'm now on to the stuff that has been hanging around my arse and my thighs for far too long. I'm also hoping that once it starts to shift it will have the decency to shift at a reasonable rate!

I suspect there is also a bit of a learning curve about what I can and I can't do - so this week a real effort on the "replace half of the coffee intake with green tea" particularly because I'm going to be working away in London at the end of the week. And no doubt my Starbucks habit will try hard to raise it's ugly head. On the other hand, it's a good opportunity to try to walk between all my appointments and go for a swim before work.

This is more of a post to record for my own purposes what's happening and to review what might help than anything else. Apologies if I'm boring for England.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013