Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Work Mode

I have a completely undeserved reputation for working hard and being really driven. It is time that the truth was known. Yesterday afternoon I had a script to write for a training video. The working pattern was as follows;

1. Switch on itunes and browse through the 1000 or so tracks on there, decide there is no suitable background music available and mosey over to the itunes store to download a few more. Make new playlist with both new tunes and old tunes and put on to play.

2. Go to blogger, read all the blogs I have links to, and all their links pages and then start to try to compose a new post.

3. Leave post in draft and actually open work document.

4. Before typing anything turn on Skype to see if anyone is about and fancies a chat. If they are have long chat with either best mate in Mumbai, other best mate in Melbourne or baby bro in Mauritius.


5. Repeat step 3 and type introduction.

6. Repeat step 2.

7. Go and make a cup of tea.

8. Repeat steps 1 to 7.

9. Go to amazon to check books reccomendations and make an order.

10. Go to figleaves and buy new undies.

11. Repeat steps 1 to 7.


It has to stop people!!!! I'm going to end up blocking my own work access to blogger and shopping sites and that would be ridiculous! I am hoping that when I have more power to organise my own time , so that if I finish a job I can take the dog for a walk or go to the gym, then the efficiency will improve.


Oh and yeah - I did finish the script - but not until about 10 last night!

2 comments:

BEAST said...

FIGLEAVES......oh i say.
****imagines Lippy cavorting in diaphonous skimpies*****

Andrea said...

Well I do - but I'm not sure it's a good look! I'm right in "Lippy why are you such a stupid fat cow?" mode this morning! But I have stomped round the lake with the dog so that's something.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013