Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Eating Out

Wirelessly and Remotely (the post not the food) Lippy Reccomends:


The Thai Cottage
D'Arblay St
Soho
London w1

Not a posh Thai restaurant - but who cares about plastic table cloths and keeping the cutlery between courses when you get great food and speedy service.
The chicken satay starter was spot on with a good hot satay sauce (hot will become a theme here!)
The rice was fluffy and the waiter suggested two portions between three girlies (good man)
I had chicken stir fry with red curry sauce which was perfect, with crispy veg and lots of spice. Alternate main courses of Jungle Curry and stir fry Squid were also highly praised.
The Singa Beer was ice cold and it all came to less than £50! - and this is the West End!

I do reccomend that you retire to Paul in Old Compton St for your coffee afterwards even if the rather lovely Italian bird behind the counter is a bit surly. And bear in mind that I resisted the cakes so you can too!

5 comments:

Frobisher said...

Hmm . . . I might go as I'm in London for a w/end in February. What a wonderful diet your on, Thai food is allowed - you must post it!!!!!

Old Compton St. is full of poofs - what's the name of that wonderful cake shop, Valeries? For a piece of history Bar Italia for coffee/

Gorilla Bananas said...

I don't like the sound of the Jungle Curry.

Andrea said...

Frobes - only stipulation with diet, no bread, no milky drinks, soup for lunch and no booze in the week.

According to scales tonight I've lost a stone!!! Still one and half stone to go obviously, but all the same.

Gorilla - Jungle curry is the best. But a bit too calorific for the diet!

Anonymous said...

I was refused service there because of my ethnic background (non-human). So what do you think of that?

Fuckkit said...

Oh you would talk about food when I'm hungry and vunerable. Suddenly Pringles for breakfast just isn't that satisfying anymore.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013