Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Monday, January 29, 2007

Life on the move.

Why are huge handbags so popular? Despite threats of dislocaated shoulders?

Evidence:

Contents of huge Lippy bag;

purse, keys, ipod, A to Z, tissues, beecham's powders, make up bag (size of a housebrick on it's own) , cheque book, paperback, business card holder, phone, pens (we'll come back to the stationary fetish later), throat lozenges, sunglasses, bills waiting to be paid, snack tea for the AB.

5 comments:

BEAST said...

how nice of runny1209.....
I have the boy equevalent , the sports bag , which is huge , I have my gym kit , loads of spare socks and pants , toilet kit , bike lights , lock , packets of cough sweets and mints , old bills plus some to pay , wallet keys , mobile , pager , towel etc etc etc , its big enough for me to curl up and sleep in (at a squeeze) :-)

Frobisher said...

I think you have what commonly referred to as a "man bag" Beast - small, black patent, wrist strap, and you tuck it tightly under your arm!

My bag is Chloe with Mulberry accessories

Gorilla Bananas said...

According to Sigmund Freud, the handbag is an extension of a woman's womb, or possibly her vagina, I can't remember which. What a fucker he was.

Anonymous said...

Where do you keep the polonium 210 then?

Anonymous said...

I only ever carry a tin-opener.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013