Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Super PA needed - excellent package ???

I'm doing the cash flows for the new practice and trying to work out if I will need a PA straight away or if I can manage on my own for a bit.

The problem is working out what sort of a package I would have to offer someone to tempt them into what is going to be a very strange job. They would be working just for me, there will be external accounting and IT provision contracted in and I do freelance lecturing in addition to fee earning work which also needs to be supported.

If we weren't relocating I would know exactly what to offer and about three or four people who would want the job. But moving into a whole new area with different pay and fee rates is a different problem all together.

If you know a PA/Legal Sec from the east of England who would tell me the info please let me know. I'm more than happy to provide beer/vodka/chardonnay in return for information.

3 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

"in court Monday"

This is the bit that interests me. I want to know if you have ever said 'M'Lud' and what the wig feels like.

Incidentally, saying M'Lud at the end of a sentence is a bit weak. I like the barrister who says it when beginning a speech:

"M'Lud! The testimony of the witness is an outrageous slur on the character of my client! I demand that it is struck from the record..." etc.

Andrea said...

The judge is only my lord or my lady (which comes out sounding more like "Lady" than anything else) in the High Court, Court of Appeal and the House of Lords.

In the county court he or she is your Honour

Or if they are a district judge "sir or Ma'm"

As for the speech well the judge is more likely to say to me "do you have a point Lippy because if you do I wish you would hurry up and make it."

*DB* said...

Dude. Hire me. PLEASE. *is half serious* Telecommute? Maybe?

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013