Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, October 08, 2006

You can't make me go!

As soon as I qualified and was allowed to determine the cases I wanted to take I stopped doing family law. For two reasons; I had no sympathy at all with the parents and I wanted to take all of the children home with me.

Occasionally disputes between unmarried couples fall out of the domain of the family court and into commercial litigation - where there is property, businesses and so on. And strangley enough I feel just the same about it. He or she may be a complete bastard/bitch but sorry and all that, it's not my fault and I didn't force you to live with him/her. Why do you care who gets the washing machine ? They are £250 at Scottish Power, I'm £158 per hour and you have been arguing about this for a week - do the maths!!!!

Such a case goes to trial today. If I get through today without stabbing myself in the throat with an HB pencil it will only be because none of my pencils are sharp enough to have any effect.Or because self mutilation to avoid unpleasantness is childish.

5 comments:

Tickersoid said...

It's not about the washing machine, it's about winning.

Tickers separation- September 2002.

October 2006- Divorced but still haven't divided the assets.

It's the longest case in my solicitors live files.

BEAST said...

I guess tickers is right , its about someone being to blame , which personally I think is lacking in divorce law , if for instance my wife (who didnt work and had been ligging off me for years) runs off with the plumber , why should she get half me assetts , or can I petition the court to get every otehr week shagging the plumber ???
WE WANT BLAME AND VILLIFICATION OF THE GUILTY PARTY

Andrea said...

I know everyone wants guilt and vilification - but you won't get it - just make a tit of yourself trying...and I get every other week with the plumber to pay the bill!

Tickersoid said...

I'm getting a job as a plumber.

Andrea said...

Tick!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013