Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Fat and Forty v Ms size 00

After years of dieting I'm starting to feel quite reactionary about the whole thing.

So I'm fat and forty you got a problem with that?

True I wouldn't want to be any fatter - size 16 (US 12) is plenty round enough, but I no longer have any unfulfilled desire to be skinny.

Apparently I'm still sexy enough to be getting plenty.
And the brain is working well enough to be earning plenty.
And the clothes from my favourite shop fit and look good.

So I'll do the exercise I enjoy because I like being fit and leave it at that....and keep doing the splits for as long as I'm able!

6 comments:

BEAST said...

That was just gratuitous wasn't it , the casual throwing in the doing the splits thing , disgraceful behavior in a woman of your age.....can we have pictures please !!!

The Mistress said...

Side splits? Or front to back?

Andrea said...

Beast - yes,tee he and no - or at least not until I work out how to photoshop photos so you can't see my face.

mj - front to back , must do some stretches and see if I can get the side splits back too. ..just to be extra disgraceful!

Tickersoid said...

Blimey, I think I'm doing well if I can touch my toes.

phlegmfatale said...

Well, being scrawny is over-rated, and frankly, overdone. After all, who wants to look like the last stringy dessicated piece of chicken left on the platter.(they look over-tanned, too, fried chicken.) Also, a friend of mine told me once that having sex with a scrawny woman was like having sex with a box-spring. Yuck.

Andrea said...

Phlem - I love you, but you knew that already! I shall remember the box spring mental picture for a long time!

Oh tick - do keep up!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013