Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Friday, October 27, 2006

Life's Too Short

I learned this morning that my cousin (same age as me, kids the same age as mine) has breast cancer, already had emergency mastectomy and starting her chemo today.

So it's definatley time for the Life's Too Short, post here are my top 5 and I'd be really interested to hear your top 5 if you'd like to comment.

Life's too short to....

1. Say "I wish I could do that" - whether you are gazing through the door of the tap dancing studio or looking wistfully at an electric guitar, stop wishing and take a class!

2. Live somewhere horrible - buy paint, plant sunflowers, buy Pledge and a duster, really it's not that hard.

3.Be too embarassed to say "I love you" and mean it - I've embarassed the crap out of myself loads of times and I'm still here!

4. Not look after your friends - I have a couple that I need to phone this morning, bet you do too.

5. Stay in the same place - travel as far as the budget will allow! I must admit to a certain racist reluctance to go to the USA along the lines of "why should those bastards have my fingerprints I'm not a fucking criminal!" but I shall get over it, buy a ticket and explore. Although I'm still going to Morocco, Istanbul and Cambodia first!!! Oh and Germany- why have I never been to Germany??

8 comments:

BEAST said...

Lippy , thats horrible , I hope it works itself out ok.You are right , life is too short for all sorts of crap , and we definatley tend to box ourselves in.
Re Germany , you will probably find the subconcious reason you have never been there is ITS FULL OF GERMANS , ahem.

Andrea said...

Thanks Beastie - we are just sending out good vibes, and boxes of home made cookies and hoping.

And Germans -well yeah you could be right, but got faboo Swedish massage from German lady earlier in the week so I'm willing to suspend disbelief!

The Mistress said...

Laughs at Beast's German comment but my sister-in-law is German and she's one of the lovliest people I know. If they can produce people like her, it's a country worth visiting. And for the currywurst.

Ta for the reminder to phone a friend.
*makes note*

Frobisher said...

Hope all works out ok for your cousin. I find your enthusiasm infectious and you have made it throught to boot camp.

Andrea said...

gee thanks frobi!
Has the Champs blog vanished or have I just been banished to outer darkness???

Tickersoid said...

Beast beat me to the 'full of Germans' gag.

I'm very much in a w'hy don't I' kind of mood at the moment.

Andrea said...

A why don't I mood - always a good thing in my book, potentially dangerous of course but hey so is crossing the road!

Alice said...

Life's too short to...

1) Drink bad coffee, or eat yucky pastry, or crap ice cream.

2) Not swear, loudly, when necesary.

3) Not hug the ones you love, whenever the mood strikes.

4) Not laugh as loudly as the impulse moves you.

5) To hate yourself.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013