Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Monday, October 16, 2006

The last post was pants but I was very tired.

Why did I hate the Holiday Inn?

1. Reception Staff with REALLY bad English; it's late and I'm tired and I really don't want to have to cope with people who have to write down the room number before I have the first clue where it is.

2. Tatty Bathrrom; either clean the taps or buy new ones, I don't care which, but at £135 a night they really shouldn't be in that state.

3. Inclusive breakfast rip - off ; I can't eat breakfast when I'm working, in fact I can't eat when I'm working full stop. And I do really resent paying to not eat.

4. Piles of exchange students from somewhere or other - yes I'm a snob, sorry.

5. No cabs!! - well eventually cabs but I have piles of books and papers to carry and the tube isn't an option.


So Lippys guide to the alternatives (all east end or city so you can get a cab home after the pub - the cabbies are all heading home to the east end so they don't mind giving you a lift!)

The Novotel Tower Bridge - does the same job as the Holiday Inn but much better and with a nice understandable French accent.

The Grange Holborn - for when someone else is paying, the BEST swimming pool in town and huge huge rooms.

The Ibis Commercial Street - nice clean minimalist plastic pod. And really convenient for the S&M cafe in Spitalfields. (that's sausage and mash actually!)

1 comment:

Tickersoid said...

I feel inspired. I'll go out today and spank myself with sausage and mash.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013