Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Bright Lights Big City

I'm still in love with London - other people hate it I know , but I've never lived there for long enough to be bored or be bothered with the irritations it inevitably throws up in every day life. I love that there is always somewhere new to explore, new places to discover and the fact that my friends all want to see me so I always feel insanely popular while I'm there.

So I'm off this afternoon - lecturing at a conference tomorrow , dinner with friends tonight, back here to work Tuesday, back down Wednesday for a meeting dinner with cousins Wednesday night, Filming Thursday and Friday - drink with unrequited lust object Thursday night and then off to see Wicked on Friday. Loved Wicked the book - fascinated to see how it turns into a musical!

Also I'm staying at the Hoxton - I will be the oldest, fattest, least trendy person there but I don't care!

6 comments:

Alice said...

Oh man! I want to go to London, actually screw visiting.. I just wanna live there.

Andrea said...

Then you must come! - quite happy to be tour guide.

Although I'm not exactly sure whether I'd reccomend the Holiday Inn at Kings Cross where I'm staying tonight.

My "I have to go there" wish list is currently, Istanbul, Marrakech and Grenada. In that order.

Unknown said...

I demand a lecture on your dancing skills.

Frobisher said...

Im off to visit London soon - used to live in Balham which probably explains why I don't go back much.

Tickersoid said...

Tour guide? There is a complete lack of gaps in your schedule.
I surprised your feet ever make contact with the golden paving of London streets.

Andrea said...

Frobisher _ Balham ,gateway to the south! My old flatmate was from there, his dad was the chef at Wimbledon dog stadium.

Champ - which the belly dancing? (have a half day workshop on TRIBAL belly dance on sat, not sure how that's different but I can't wait!)

Tickers - gaps?? I don't understand!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013