Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Monday, April 30, 2007

What I meant to say was...

I've been trying to write this post all day ..it will probably still suck but here goes.

I have to go in to hospital for surgery a week on Monday - the dreaded "cyst" is now the size of a cricket ball and it has to go. Only the downside is that when it goes it will probably take what's left of my left ovary with it.

"Don't worry" say my mother "you've got another one."

"I know" I wailed "But I liked having two"

I realise that it's probably worse for a bloke, people would probably notice ( at least in the changing rooms) if you only had the one bollock. Wheras given ladies internal plumbing no one need know if I don't tell them.

I can't say I'm in any way looking forward to be chopped up...and it means I have less than no time to get the rest of my cases sorted out before I leave work. Oh well, I suppose once I do leave it will no longer be my problem, but if I leave things untidy then people will no doubt bitch about me (which is probably the lesser issue) and I will have the guilt ( undoubtedly the greater issue).

6 comments:

Tickersoid said...

Just think of the positive.

1)You'll loose weight.
2)You could cover it in leather and play cricket.
3)You could keep it in a jar and call it Colin.

The Aunt said...

These operations are the battle scars of a woman's life, her flourishing thereafter her medals, and we should wear them with pride.

Obviously not at the dinner table or in male company though, the poor things can't seem to take it.

Frobisher said...

Wishing you well in the op. - I would be most upset if you "slipped away" under the knife!

I know someone who had a bollock off, they do 'falsies' for men and you can choose the size/shape! He was furious cause they didn't give him the one he chose.

Andrea said...

Ticks - I had thought of the losing weight thing, how sad are we?

AM - thank you!

Frobes - I think my survival will probably merit the long over due beer up ...location to be announced!

BEAST said...

Lippy ....GOOD LUCK....not that you will need it. You could have it dipped in silver and wear it on a chain round your neck , that way its will always be with you...albeit not in the right place.
Do you remember those clacker things from school that got banned becuase stoopid people kept breaking their wrists , I wonder if the false bollocks look like them ??? and I wonder if they rattle when you walk upstairs

Andrea said...

Beast -eww have you got dodgy taste in jewlery!
and thanks.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013