Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Fighting a Losing Battle!

It's Spring - clearly. So begins the push to look even halfway respectable in summer clothing.

So in addition to the diet and the exercise "regime" (ok walking the dog, yoga practice and two dance classes a week - but that's not bad for a woman of my age!!), it's out with the exfoliator, the "Holiday Skin" moisturiser and toe nail polish. In fact having taken my feet out of a pair of boots for the first time in 6 months a trip to the chiropodist is clearly called for.

But of course nothing goes to plan, having slapped on some eye cream last night this morning my eye lids have swollen to twice their normal size, I can hardly see out and according to the AB I look like a blood hound...piriton and anti allergy eye drops it is then!

2 comments:

Tickersoid said...

I keep telling everyone, you can't do it all!

The Aunt said...

I got my feet out over Easter. I slapped on a couple of layers of L'Oreal's moisturiser-fake tan stuff and am getting compliments about it at work, that is to say, everyone's asking me what it is so they can go and buy some. The oystercatcher look is clearly in this season.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013