Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Lippy's Occasional Guide to London Restaraunts -Faulkners

Faulkners Fish and Chip Restaurant
Kingsland Rd
E8

Faulkners "faultless" fish and chips were reccomended to me by a man what knows - and they are spot on, the cod fillet thick white fish, thinly battered, the chips fat and hot and well seasoned with salt and vinegar. No gravy or brown sauce here thank you very much. The mushy peas tasted great although slightly too green for the northern purist in me....but a slight disagreement on verdigree spectrum is not enough to detract from, for me, perfection!

You have to brave the wilds of Hackney but the 242, 243 and 149 buses all stop conveniently close by.

4 comments:

Tickersoid said...

Coincidence. I was eating mushy peas at 2am this morning.

I love quality Fish and Chips, so rare these days.

*DB* said...

Happy Easter

FirstNations said...

hey, we almost crashed into each other at ticks a second ago!
happy easter, chickie!
this is such a posh damn place for the like of me. which hasn't stopped me from lurking.
and now i want fish and chips, dammit. hold the mushypeas.

Andrea said...

FN - Posh? Really? Tell you what though eating junk for a week (my friend kindly lent me her house for the week, she doesn't cook and neither does her kitchen so we lived on take away!) has made me long for smoothies and green veg! - happy easter to you too! And it's a pleasure to have you lurking!

Queen - Happy Easter to you too

Ticks - Hope you had them with vinegar and I bet you feel really vile now!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013