Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Almost Regular Restaurant Review -Brasserie Blanc, Oxford

I like Jehrico. If I had loads of money I would buy one of those pretty cottages and rent it out to students just so I could say it was mine.

But I don't have that sort of cash so instead my mate S and me went to Brasserie Blanc for lunch, this beautiful Saturday. The staff merit special praise, fantastically efficient, charming and friendly and I even came away with a reccomendation for hair styling product - us naturally curly types need all the help we can get and share info whenever the chance arises ( curly creme, toni and guy M range apparently - I'll let you know how that works out).

Set lunch £11 each, includes a glass of wine, and a basket of bread to start. Lovely lovely celeriac salad topped with a perfect poached egg and then a very acceptable minute steak and chips. The cappuccino was very good indeed. (see Mad Jack's it's really not that difficult! - well it probably is in order to look this effortless you doubtless need a mad perfectionist at the helm). The inclusive house white was delicious and if I could remember what it was I'd go and buy a bottle!

4 comments:

Tickersoid said...

Sounds great. I guess it's probably a good idea to avoid any establishment with 'Mad' in the title.

Frobisher said...

V. nice. Unfortunately I've not been eating out much since I was deported from Spain, bills to pay etc. But we went to a "Harvester" a couple of days ago and it was excellent! and with the salad cart you didn't need a starter - and cause it was 6pm it was "Early Bird" and got 25% off the bill.

You'll have to remember that when entertaining Lippy!

Andrea said...

Point taken Frobes but I don't have your other *ahem* recreational expenses!

BEAST said...

I HATE CELERIAC!!!!!!!

***DANCES WITH CELERIAC RELATED HATRED*****

But the rest sounds nice :-)

*** note to self ....refuse any dinner dates from Frobisher but accept them from Lippy
Harvester Harumph

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013