Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Monday, April 09, 2007

The Islands of the Blest...

The quotes I remember always come from authors I really like - hence a thorough knowledge of Nancy Mitford rather than Dickens.

"I believed myself to be sailing towards the Islands of the Blest, while in truth I was destined for domesticity, children the usual lot of woman kind"

Well for two weeks only I have domesticity unincumbered by the office! - hurrah, and as Tickers correctly predicted cooking is a feature! It was pretty warm yesterday , so other than baking some really nice wholemeal and sunflower seed bread the menu was mostly salad. But today a huge 14lb chicken (christmas present from Mother in law!) is getting a roasting, with accompanying vegetables and probably a lemon tart to folllow? Or lemon ice cream maybe?

Oh and I made hollondaise sauce to go with salmon on Saturday - lovely and really easy I was amazed.

3 comments:

Tickersoid said...

Hmmmmm! I've got nothing special planned for the next few days.

*Does pathetic impression of small puppy dog*

BEAST said...

Yum.
I got a breadmaker a few years ago , one of the best gadgets I ever brought(and actually doesnt just sit gathering dust in a cupboard) , I knock out all manner of exciting bread related products when I have the time , Beasts potato bread is legendary (as is my zuchini cake - like carrot cake but features courgettes- its green :-) )

Andrea said...

Tick - come and eat whenever you like, you're welcome

Best - I know it's a fab machine, although I end up using mine just to make the dough, if I try to cook a loaf in it the top of the loaf goes all soggy and weird!
Potato Bread and Courgette Cake recipies please!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013