Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Monday, April 09, 2007

I really like it!

Oh well after a week there with her mother the AB clearly shares her father's view of London, "it's dirty, smelly and unnecessarily uncomfortable!". Yes but it's also endlessly fascinating. You can walk out of the door in London and do something you've never done in your life before....so we did;

- walked along the Regent canal from Hackney to Islington on a warm spring day, then sat outside a cafe on Upper St having coffee and watching the world go by.

- went on a back stage tour of the Royal Oprea House, and we got to see the Royal Ballet in class preparing for Mayerling that evening, Carlos Acosta is the visiting principal dancer, and the man is amazing not only is he built like a god he floats!

- one of those amazing London things happened , I took AB into Foyles to buy a new book and Jaqueline Wilson (if you don't have a small girl aged between 7 and 12 she is not the most famous writer in the world, but if you do, she is!) just happened to be there doing a reading and a book signing. So the AB now has a signed JW first edition! Way cool.

- an easy walk takes in the Golden Hind, the Clink prison ( vile - and how come the first women's prison opened 60 years before there was one for men!!!!!- opression!), Borough market (only Thurs,Fri and Sat) and the Globe. Best bit was the fencing master at the Globe putting "his boys" through their paces with first a rapier and dagger, then a two handed sword and then a quarter staff, it looked fantastic.


And the AB got to mock me in the sound booth trying to do my voice overs, she also got to see the camera boys lighting the studio and my very lovely (that girl is so talented and so beautiful) editor hacking bits of my interviews together to make me look good. I never knew this stuff existed when I was 10!

4 comments:

Tickersoid said...

Bugger, I've just spent Easter in the steelworks.

Andrea said...

Oh no Tick that's really harsh! - but you are out now, and then sun is still shining!

You could go to sleep in the garden in the sunshine????

*DB* said...

Dirty and smelly in parts, but there is so much to do. I could go back there a zillion times and never get tired. I just wish I had a zillion dollars. Or pounds. Pounds would be better. Because I'd only have half a zillion worth if I was exchanging money.

Tickersoid said...

I should sleep in the garden. My legs look like muscular bottles of milk.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013