Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Much better thanks!

Yesterday got loads better! My friend made me a lovely lunch at her place (she's a vegetarian health freak but makes the best salads anywhere) then I spent the afternoon at the hairdressers drinking wine - you have to drink the wine otherwise sitting with gloop on your head for an hour reading glossy magazines is just TOO mind numbingly boring!

Then tap class - yay. Nothing like a few exercise endorphins for shifting a bad mood out of the way. Today I do have to do a bit of work. I don't know how I'm going to get on when I am back in the office next week - it's taken me until eleven o'clock this morning to do the stuff I normally do before eight when I leave for work - eep! I hope I'm not going to turn into one of those people who can't function without the routine of going in to the office, that would be really dreadful! I want to be able to achieve what I want within my own flexible timetable - and I really think I do have the self discipline to do that. I'll be ashamed of myself if it turns out that I don't. I have to get better at listening to what other people are doing rather than running my diary solely for my own benefit as well!

Must get on - Dad wants me to go and play golf with him this afternoon - he's 74 and still plays 18 holes a week!
Game on!

2 comments:

BEAST said...

Lippy , I cant function without work routine , I had yesterday off , to sort out the garden , and ended up falling asleep under a pile of dogs on the sofa(we were watching Murder she wrote- the dogs favourite) , and wasted the whole day :-(

Tickersoid said...

Beast- Everyone falls asleep watching Murder She Wrote.

I can easily achieve by 6am everything I normally do by 8am.
Ie, sleeping.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013