Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Monday, April 23, 2007

Kingdom

Oh I loved it ! - sorry I know the fact that I loved Kingdom and didn't understand Pinter makes me an irredemiable intellectual lightweight, but we knew that already, I only have a 2:1 and it's a science degree for heaven's sake...the law came much later.

Anyway - back to Kingdom, it had everything a Sunday night drama should have, pretty scenery, unthreatening local nutcases and a hero who can see through to the crux of the matter without losing his cool...and it has Stephen Fry, let joy be unbounded.

To nit pick if he was trying to cover the spectrum of work he appears to be covering (probate, conveyancing, litigation) he would need to join dabblers anonymous and his insurance premium would be bloody horrific. People do do it, but it is frowned upon. And he would need more than two cases at any time to keep that great mausoleum of a house/office ticking over.

To be fair, we all have smelly clients and I did (I admit) adore as an articled clerk having the key to the deceased's house and going through all their stuff. Bet he's never reposessed a jumbo jet though!

6 comments:

Tickersoid said...

Bugger! I wanted to see that.

Frobisher said...

It was in the grand tradition of Sunday night drama (ie Monach of the Glen, Heartbeat, etc.) harmless/pedestrian/sugary with no black/poor people in a romantic English setting the like of which disappeared over 30 years ago.

ps. Years ago Tony Slattery exposed himself to me in a toilet in Heaven and beckoned me to a cubicle. He was completely trashed on coke & drink and was sweating profusely. I declined.

Andrea said...

Frobes - yes I know, but it's like hot chocolate and a blanket before the darkness of a Monday morning. Beckoning sweaty has been celebrity! - ewww so not a good look!

Ticks - what did you watch instead then?

Tickersoid said...

The naked news on Sumo TV. As the name suggests the ladies reading the news get their kit off as they read the auto cue.
Perhaps such a thing could spice up your monologue to camera pieces.

The Aunt said...

OK, the jumbo jet's impressive, but did you ever have to buy 125 wooden penises at a time?

For UNICEF?

I think I've got a winner.

Andrea said...

OK the wooden penises definatley trump anything I've ever done!

And Tick - no!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013