Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Submerged

It's going to rain again in a minute and actually that's quite a scary thought.

There was a tornado here yesterday- it's on the front page of today's Times if you don't beleive me and driving home through the village last night was like driving along the bed of river. The water was up to the top of the car wheels and moving really fast, there were rocks being swept along with it and I really thought that the water might actually pick the car up....horrid!

So working last 3 days of my notice -it's odd really, have lots to do and therefore should get on and do it but motivation is at an absolute all time low! I daren't touch any of my new work as I'm not insured as yet - eep!

5 comments:

Frobisher said...

You think you've got it bad, the heavy rain flattened my Cornflowers! and we've another shower forecast for this afternoon!

Andrea said...

Hurrmph ..showers indeed!

Have you seen the photo though - it's quite spectacular!

Tickersoid said...

We are such pussy's here in the UK. I , like you, would have been pretty spooked by the water thing. I recently read a similar blog from Plegmfatal in Texas. She was afraid the wind would pick her car up.

*DB* said...

You had a TORNADO. In ENGLAND. Crap. Usually that's our schtick!

Mail, mail, mail, mail. 7-10 days.

Anonymous said...

i saw on the news that y'all were getting flooded. i promise the picture of yorkshire looked a bit like southern mississippi.

and you ain't got nothing on us until you've got straight=line winds flirting with your underwear.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013