Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Saturday, June 16, 2007

MUSIC!

I'm resigning myself to a gig less summer due to lack of time and funds..(has hissy fit and stamps feet). I would KILL (so don't tempt me) to go to the Scissor Scisters gig at the O2 in July, and the thought of heading down there in a Thames Clipper is just so cool. Other gig desires relate to Gogol Bordello, the Stones (although feeling a bit bin there done that got the t-shirt about that one) and Mika. I'd quite like to see Lily Allen after her short set at V last year but I'm not sure how she'd go on with an hour to fill, I think she probably wouldn't in which case I'll keep my ticket money in my purse thanks.

I am sorely tempted to spend money I don't have on downloading the new Fountains of Wayne album - their old songs still remind me so clearly of a mad weekend break in New York about 6 years ago. Perhaps Paul McCartney's new effort as well which everyone seems to be raving about.

In the meantime I have a bit pile of Waterboys CD's to load on here and give back to my sister.

4 comments:

Frobisher said...

Paul McCartney? The Rolling Stones??

*vomits*

Jeezus, it's like punk never happened.

Tickersoid said...

Punk?

Andrea said...

I know Frobes - but I'm too old to get pissed on (circa the Ramones tour 1978) - and I'd also quite like to see the Fratellis and the Kaiser Chiefs but not sure I'm willing to pay the sort of money they are looking for!

Yeah you know - the gobby chick with the pink hair and leopard print bondage trousers , well that was me.

BEAST said...

I saw that Paul McCartney video the other day.....he looks like he's been mumified.!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013