Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lippy's Random Guide to London Restaurants -yet again

The Great Eastern Dining Room, Great Eastern St, Shoreditch

OK lets be honest here it's not cheap ; but the food is amazing, completely different from anything anywhere else. Who knew that a "son in law egg" is soft boiled and then deep fried ? well I know now, still don't quite understand why it came with bbq pork but there it is.

The service was charming and strangley East European - never had a Polish lady serving me dim sum before but all part of life's rich pattern.

The company was great, I didn't get run over on Gt Eastern st despite trying very hard to - thank you for the great swerve man in BMW and I have a very sore head this morning (I'm old and lightweight!)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013