Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

All work and no play!

Oh Lord - the perils of freelancing!

All work and no play is about to make Lippy a very dull girl. I can't go to my very good mate's hen weekend because of work - and it's Barca! NOOOOOOO. Even more annoying the weeks' either side of the dates they have arranged for the hen I have no work booked at the moment.

If anyone else says, "Barcelona's not that great really," I will kill them.

It's also going to feel like I'm working for nothing at least until Christmas because I need to pay back both the freelance business set up costs and school fees..............On the bright side, no office politics, no one else's livelihood to worry about all that good freelance stuff.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait - you turned down a trip to go to barcelona? as in spain? dang! i never get invited anywhere, much less to a different country for a hen weekend. then again, the people in the nearest countries to me are trying to get out of them, but still. ROAD TRIP!

Tickersoid said...

Gaudi, architect on crack.

You're not missing anything.

Andrea said...

PD I know, I know, and although I have been to Spain I've never been to Barcelona..but they are going Thursday to Saturday and I have filming days Thursday Friday. I really want to cry!

Ticks - I'm still not convinced

Cream said...

Yes, crack and all those broken tiles he calls mosaics!

Frobisher said...

Ah Barcelona, it's 80f in the day, it must be about 11pm now - so cooling down a little and time to go out for something to eat, the seafood is superb. Drinking lovely chilled Rose Rioja's followed by Cava and dancing till dawn. Then off to the beach at Sitges to chill for the day and snooze, perhaps flirt with a few bronzed young Spanish foxes.

I'm sure they'll have a horrible time.

*DB* said...

Frobisher has an evil mean streak a mile wide. I think I like you.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013