Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, June 07, 2007

My old man's a grifter!

Honestly I was just conned by my own father - remember the £50 bet on the Derby? He got £25 towards it from my sister and £25 from me!!

I fell for the old "just give me a cheque for everything you owe me, £75 ought to cover it," line, didn't check til later that the stuff he'd got me from Tescos only came to £50!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! i think that's a little wrong. i mean i know he's your dad, but to take money from his child like that isn't right.

i give my mom the receipts, and she gives me a check for extra. that ain't my fault.

now, i have been known to ask my dad for money in front of my mom and she'll give me some too knowing he gave me some. but that's just pity. and the fact that i'm the baby of the family.

Tickersoid said...

*Tickers takes off socks and starts counting toes*

Can't see he's done anything wrong.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013