Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Feast or Famine

Current state of health and uncertainties about the house move have put paid to a lot of plans for the summer...yes I've just sold my tickets for Denmark to some other lucky bastard, bollocks,bollocks, bollocks, life is so unfair!

Don't know when we are moving so can't book a holiday; don't know which trials are definatley transfering or when we are listied so can't book a holiday.

Only thing we know for sure is we HAVE to be in Suffolk by first week of Sept which means that in September I can do stuff! I'm giving a paper in Naples which means someone else is picking up the tab on 26 Sept and was hoping to stay over the weekend of 29 and get a little serious Italian shopping done. Now one of my best friends is getting married on 29 Sept so will have to get an early flight home on 28..why is that always the way. It's like the rule of parties, nothing for months and then three on the same night!

5 comments:

BEAST said...

I never get invited to ANY parties.I bet Ticks has white chicken legs as well :-)

Frobisher said...

You a fast turning in to my most glamorous friend - don't forget my birthday on the 27th Sept!

Andrea said...

Beast - yes you do because you tell me about them! - but seriously boys we need to organise a night out somewhere central....like Soho?

Frobes - glamourous *preens* - slight technical hitch is that I have to write the damn paper so I'm currently trawling the DTI website for information on the Doha round, oh lucky me. And birthday is in the diary!

Anonymous said...

don't forget to invite me! i want to party too! i'll send you the address for the plane tickets to be sent.

i've just added 2 new states to my repertoire. that brings the total to 8. i think i need another continent to round things out.

Tickersoid said...

What have my white chicken legs got to do with anything?

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013