Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Proper Nasty

I got a real proper poison pen letter in this morning's post. I suppose I should be flattered that someone is so scared of me acting for their opponent that they feel they have to write and warn me off. Although why telling my neighbours I'm a lesbian would be any sort of deterrent is a bit of a mystery..the fact that I have a husband and a child is clearly not conclusive but a 15 year lavender marriage, unless you are a Hollywood film star, it's a bit old hat these days surely.

The "we know where you live" and then putting in my address was scary though - so I have reported it to the police, and got an incident number. The local sarge is an old bf from school days ,

"you'll tell the court I'm not a lesbian won't you?"

"Well you weren't when I knew you when you were 19 but it all could have changed since then!"

The thing that has upset me most though (I know I shouldn't be upset but I am there it is) was the bit that said "Everyone knows you are crap in court, so why don't you just give up now" - although logically I suppose if I am well known for being that crap they could have saved themselves the price of a stamp!

4 comments:

Frobisher said...

Keep the letter! they can get DNA from the salvia used to lick the stamp (I saw it on TV!!!).

any idea who it might be?

Andrea said...

The police told me that but apparently most stamps are now self adhesive!
I know who their solicitor is so it's a start!

Tickersoid said...

Sorry to hear you were upset by this. However, I loved this post. Especially the last line.

Surely your sexuality isn't an issue here, even if you are a fan of comfortable footwear?

Cheer up, the letter is a sign that the perpertraitor is running out of good ideas.

*DB* said...

Pffft! If you were really crap, they wouldn't have bothered with the letter now would they? I hope you find out who it is...and properly nail their balls to the wall.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013