Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, March 11, 2007

One wedding, two fights and a girl's night in.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6436581.stm


There was a fight at Liz Hurley's wedding. Well of course, every wedding worth it's salt has to have a fight, one of the bridesmaid's crying in the toilets and someone being sick in the bushes behind the marquee. Otherwise you're not really married. The optional extras are, the page boys sitting under tables drinking beer and the best man and the ushers passing round a roach but not realising the bride's mother has spotted them.

My wedding? It was long ago, but my littlest bridesmaid was so nervous she was sick on the best man while we were still in church signing the register...happy days.

The of course there is the honeymoon. Can't top my friend K whose husband booked them a single room in the local hotel for the first night of their honeymoon. Whilst some chewing gum rep from Biggleswade was holed up in the bridal suite. He has never, ever been allowed to forget that one. The husband not the Wrigley's rep.

I am not sure that the best thing to do after being ill for a week is to go round your mate's house, sink a bottle of Chardonnay and put the world to rights. But I did it anyway and feel quite a lot better this morning!

1 comment:

Tickersoid said...

When I think of all the money I bloo paying for my own wedding reception. In hind sight, I could have put that £17.50 to better use.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013