Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Between radio stardom and ovaries that tried to explode without leaving my body I did none of the actual legal work last week at all!

Crap! This means that in just under an hour I will be faced with piles of tettering paper where once there was a desk. Whey faced assistants, who tried to call my mobile (we don't have any mobile phone coverage at our house, that's one of the reasons why we bought it) couldn't get hold of me and then panicked and did something really dumb and probably expensive. On the other hand I can try to be sanguine and just think, well they only have another 16 weeks to learn to live without me permanently....and for four of those sixteen i'm on holiday hurrah!

On the other hand I'm sort of hoping that some of the clients will leave the firm and come with me to pastures new - so hopefully they haven't pissed off anyone who has any money!

There are things to look forward to however...there are three weeks left to work in March and then in April, I have three weeks leave! How cool is that!

5 comments:

BEAST said...

Three weeks leave....you jammy devil.
Sounds like an exciting week , what with exploding ovaries !
Hope all is well now ?

Andrea said...

It's a lot better than it was Beast that is for sure! Off for more blood tests, scans prodding and poking later in the week so we'll see how that goes!

Three weeks off - yay....but then probably followed by a complete derth of freelance work in the summer and having lots of scary unemployed time off!

Frobisher said...

I need a holiday . . .
exploding ovaries? OMG

Andrea said...

Exploding is a gross exaggeration, swelling up and bleeding is the truth of the matter.

It's probably time you had another holiday frobi!

Tickersoid said...

Bout time I had a holiday. I won't be going if I have to pay in exploding ovaries.

Glad to hear you're on the mend.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013