Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Character profiling.

I'm reading the late John Peel's autobiography, it's great i reccomend it highly.

In one of the early chapters he tells the story of how he was raped by a prefect when he was a school boy at Shrewsbury School. Years ago I worked for a partner in a law firm who was himself a prefect at said school at around the same time....and do you know what, i wouldn't be at all surprised.

6 comments:

Tickersoid said...

I managed to avoid this at my boarding school.
However there was a stand off with 'Nobby Morris' I was suspicious of his loitering and as soon as I notice him shift his weight towards me I was goneski. Too late to lock myself in a toilet cubicle but trapped his arm in the door with my foot braced against it. Eventually he gave up and went off to look for easier prey.

Tickersoid said...

Hang about, I can feel a reality TV show in the making.

Celebrity Rapist.

Contestants have to match the rapist to the celeb'.....

Frobisher said...

I was regularly abused by the wicked prefects - It's a shame the school got an injunction against me, can't got within 1 mile now

*DB* said...

Yeuck. Seriously, is this "prefect"/older pupil abuse THAT common as boarding schools? If so...WTF are people sending their kids there for? And what freaking kind of watch are the adults keeping on these crazies?

BEAST said...

Thats what I come here for , a little light Friday Buggery.
Queen ....its character building....apparently.

Tickersoid said...

I remember Mondays-

French, English Geography, break,
Double Maths, Double Buggary, lunch.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013