Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Family life

The TB is now working away in Cambs from Monday to Friday (until we catch up with him in July) and frankly he is not taking to bachelor status with the enthusiasm that I would have predicted.

Far from living in the cafe and going to the pub every night,he seems to be subsisting on soup and bananas and going to the gym every night - otherwise he says he ends up staying in the office until ten o'clock working because there isn't anything else to do. Sad git I here you say. But it is far harder to be in that place where you are relaxed and motivated when you are on your own.

I'm not excelling in the single mum stakes either - but at least I have the AB and the dog to keep me on track!! Although tonight, due to pressure of tap classes we are having breakfast for tea (egg,bacon, beans and tomato) because it's quick and fills you up.

4 comments:

Frobisher said...

I sure you're on the slippery slope to "turkey twizzlers" . . .

BEAST said...

AB shoved off with a packet of crisps and a hoody while Lippy goes to bingo.... its a disgrace.
As a part time single mother myself (Mr C and the boys.....I will swap you if you like) I find it difficult to provide hearty filling meals.......so I dont bother , I send them round to visit Frobisher at meal times!!!

The Aunt said...

I'd eat breakfast at ALL times, if I could get it.

And if it didn't increase my chances of being mistaken for a barrage balloon in a skirt.

Andrea said...

do you know Aunty M it's the toast that does it for me - if I just eat the bacon and the beans (provided it's not streaky bacon ) it doesn't have the make you lardy effect!

Although I did have clear noodle soup tonight to compensate!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013